Saturday, May 10, 2008

Medifast Weight Loss - An Overview Of What To Expect

If you're just beginning to research the Medifast diet, chances are you want to know what your life will be like should you chose to follow this plan. Hopefully, I can provide that information because I've been on this program for over 6 months and have had a good deal of success, losing over 75 pounds so far.

Which Option To Go With? Medifast has programs for women, men, and diabetics. There are also specialty products for people with heart and arthritis issues. Unless there is a special health condition, most people chose to go with the popular "five plus one" plan. If you chose this one, you will eat five of the plan's meals each day. You will also eat one "lean and green" meal that you will prepare yourself. This is pretty easy because it is only some sort of protein (chicken, lean meats, etc.) and vegetables or salad. It may seem challenging to eat six times per day, but it really isn't because the diet meals are small.

What Does The Food Taste Like? Most of it is pretty good. The 55 shakes are very tasty if you use a good blender and ice. I also particularly enjoy the pudding, eggs, oatmeal, protein bars, and chili. I like carbs and appreciate that these options are offered. There are over 70 foods from which to choose. I do add sugar and fat free syrups, cheeses, and sour cream or salsa to give myself more variety. This has not slowed my weight loss at all and has in fact helped me to stick with the program pretty easily.

How Does The Program Work?: The food is designed to be low in calories and high in protein. This puts your body in a state called ketosis which means your body is being tricked into burning it's own fat. I believe this combination is why most people have success with this diet. There are testing strips you can use to see if you are in this state because you really don't feel any different when you are in ketosis.

Do You Have To Exercise?: If you go into the forums, you'll find some people do and some don't. At first, I didn't. But once I saw results, it really motivated me to take better care of myself. I still am not an athlete, but I very much look forward to my daily power walks. I now wear a weight vest while walking and have found that this has given me even better results. I sleep and feel better as well.

I find the program to be extremely convenient. None of the foods take more than a few minutes to prepare. I realize that some people really like having plenty of choices or enjoy preparing elaborate meals. I am not one of them. I have found that I am more than willing to give up having a huge amount of choices while eating "safe" foods in exchange for the dramatic results that I've had.

Lindsey Price is the author of the ebook "Getting The Most Out Of Medifast," which includes detailed information and tips about having success with this plan. To get a free copy (immediate download / no information required), click here(http://geniefrancisdietreview.blogspot.com/search/label/Free%20Medifast%20Ebook). You can also visit her diet review website at http://geniefrancisdietreview.blogspot.com/

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Lindsey_Price